So, you’ve been hearing the tale of my chicken cabinet for a few weeks now. This is how it looked when I originally finished it with Versailles and moved it into my home.
I think it’s a great look, but, well, it didn’t make me fall in love.
I wanted to do something lighter. So, I went over it with more of a white-wash of MMS’s Milk Paint. I added more water and used less on my brush when applying. You will notice that my chicken wire/mesh has still not come in. Waiting not so patiently.
Again, I used a very watered-down mix of Ironstone then sanded and rubbed the entire piece. I painted straight over the Versailles finish I had done previously. No wax. I like that it is a more rustic and weathered look. I’ll see what I think once the chicken mesh gets here.
Ollie didn’t make it into the cabinet shot. He was a bit distracted by the dried flowers.